Can anyone help?

If you got pregnant right after your period, would that cause you to measure farther along? I measured nine days bigger than what my LMP suggests and I'm not really sure what that means.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am not sure that it would make you farther along bc my doc told me that they measure by the first day of your last period (LMP). Its just a guess tho... you could have gotten pregnant while you were on your period ( which has happened to me), or you could have gotten pregnant a week later. So your LMP is just a guide line to your due date. Every woman is different and grows at a different rate.. you may have more than one, a big baby, or it just may be that youre just that way. My son was only 6 lbs... but inside me he looked like a 12 pounder. O and just to throw this in there, someone told me you couldnt get pregnant right after your period. I dont know where she came up with that one. I got pregnant the day after my period... and I know this bc that was the only day I had sex in like two months.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 8:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My due date is May 16th (from ultrasound) and the according to LMP the 25th of May...I dont understand the 9 day difference. did i possibly get pregnant aug 4 or aug 23rd?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Due dates are estimates. They can be two weeks off in either direction. So don't plan your social calendar around the due date. I.e. if your due date is May 16, you can deliver anytime in May and be considered full term and not late.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Apr. 22, 2009