My doctor told me I could cut back to one Progesterone supplement per day since I am 10 weeks.

I'm so worried to cut back to one. Anyone else have experience with this?

jessiepink

Asked by jessiepink at 8:18 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah you can go ahead and cut back! I was on them for 16 weeks. The doctor told me that once you have heard the heartbeat and made it to ten weeks you are pretty much in the clear. However if you start spotting or cramping after you cut back call your doctor immediately! They will need to check you again, but for the most part you will be fine, and try not to worry...which I know is the hardest part!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yes I've been one supplement since day 1 and I'm fine!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• The progesterone helps untill the placenta takes over. It starts to take over at about 8 weeks, and is mostly done around 10 weeks, some Dr's will only have you on it till 10 weeks. So yes I would say it is safe, my Dr cut me down to 1 every other day, at 10-1/2 weeks cause the side effects were so bad for me. But make sure you are comfortable with it also, nothing wrong with worrying a little, but try to relax and start enjoying the pregnancy.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:14 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• That's exactly the same with me. I went in at 10 weeks one day. My husband actually asked how long I have to take it b/c it made me sooo sick and evil. He didn't say I was evil, but I know have been. I can't wait to feel like my happy self again : )
    jessiepink

Answer by jessiepink at 9:18 AM on Apr. 22, 2009