What is a quick way to make sweet potatoes?

bella69147

Asked by bella69147 at 8:24 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• that was me who posted anon 8:35, i didn't mean to. But i forgot to mention to bake them at 400 degrees for about 20 min.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:42 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I buy the ones wrapped in plastic that you can just zap in the microwave for 8 minutes. Then when they are done I add butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Other than that, I don't know how else to make them.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:34 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• well, my favorite is sweet potato pie. But i use cream cheese in mine rather than cream, or buttermilk. MMMMM, there's not much sugar in there either, so I'll let my daughter have LARGE piece. OH, WAIT! Just noticed you said QUICK.....sorry....... Well, I lalso ike to cut them up like fat french fries, sprinkle some salt, pepper, garlic powder, (your favorite herbs are fine, it doesn't matter it's all good) or you could buy one of those potato seasoning packets, they are salty but very good. They bake much faster than regular white potatoes, & they are very low fat, high in fiber & are loaded with all kinds of other vitamins. Excelent food.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would bake them in the microwave first, then you could cook them anyway you want.. :)
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 8:36 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• peel, slice, boil and mash.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:18 AM on Apr. 22, 2009