ultrasounds

If you have an ultrasound done and you measure farther along than what your LMP suggests, does it then give you a due date from conception instead of your LMP?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, your doctor will alter your due date according to what you measure. I was moved back 10 days with my daughter!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 9:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• It changes it to conception plus 2 weeks. Basically pretending that your period started a different time than you said it did, 2 weeks before you concieved, it is easier for Dr's that way, I dont know why but the seem to think complicated is easier...lol
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yes. Usually U/S is performed in early pregnancy to determinate the gestational age of the fetus/ embryo if you an unsure when your LMP was or if you are irregular. Sometimes women mistake pregnancy related bleeding with LMP as well.
    That is being very accurate till the end of first trimester. After that the difference that OB will take into consideration must be at least about 10 days for the doc to be willing to move your Due date.
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 9:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• So my due date is May 16th. My LMP was August 18th (should have a due date of May 25th) but instead my due date is May 16th. Does that mean Its basically stating I got pregnant August 9th (day one of my pregnancy?) I'M CONFUSED!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Apr. 22, 2009