morning glories ( the flowers )

when should i plant? im in new hampshire and still a lil chilly but then its warm so when should i plant them? any advice...

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 8:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I always plant my morning glories ina pot so they wont spread, & I grew up in MA, They were always in the pot before May, I think if they are going in the ground, then wait. But they should be ok if you put them in a pot.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:12 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I think it should be OK to plant them this weekend. It's getting into late April, & may is round the corner.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:20 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• It's too early, when the ground is warm enough for you to sit on for at least ten minutes you can plant. For where you are, that may not be until June 1 but they grow quickly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Be careful where you plant them. They grow like crazy, spread like wildfire, and never go away. And when they die at the end of the year you have ugly brown vines all over the place that are packed with seeds so a million more plants grow the next year. Can I scream now?!
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 22, 2009