Anyone have trouble getting child to sleep in crib!?

Angel had jondic when she was born and we kept her in our bed because she had the little light thing around her belly for a month. Well once that was gone she would not sleep in her crib, and well we made the mistake of letting her keep sleeping in bed with us. So now she is almost a year old and we can not find a way to get her to sleep in the crib! Any Ideas??

ps. we live with my father currently and he gets up early early so we cant just let her cry to sleep...

MommytoAngel08

Asked by MommytoAngel08 at 8:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• put her in the crib. after a few minutes of crying take her out, comfort her, and put her back in. every time take longer and longer. your father will have to understand, this is the best thing. it may only take a few nights. but start now, or you'll end up with a toddler still in your bed. i never let my son sleep with us, it was too great a risk, and we all slept better in our own beds. he had jaundice too, but we left him overnight at the hospital the first night. something i saw on nanny 911. when the kids would get out of their beds the parents were told to walk them back with no conversation and close the door. hope some of this helps.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• There has never been a case of a child not going to college because she couldn't sleep alone. Let her sleep with you until she doesn't need to.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• rkoloms, if she's asking this question it's because she doesn't want her baby sleeping in her bed anymore. Lots of moms swear by the book "The No Cry Sleep Solution" for the transition from cosleeping to sleeping alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Co cleeping should be something both the child AND the parents want to do. My daughter slept with me until she was 5.5 months old...co cleeping was not working out for us...I bought a mini crib and set it up next to my bed. I put her in it for all of her naps, and tried at bedtime. When she fussed I'd put her back in the bed. Eventually, she got used to sleeping in the crib (it took about a week and a half).
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2009