Could she be walking soon?

My dd is about 10 months and she has been standing up holding on to things for the last two months. She has been cruising furniture really well for the last two weeks, and for the last week she has been letting go of the funiture that she holds on to for a couple seconds, even minutes! Could she be walking very soon???

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 9:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep! My daughter did that at about 8 months and is now 10 months, taking 6-7 steps on her own. So, it takes a couple months I'd say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I bet she's walking soon. I also have a 10 month old who is doing the exact same thing.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:13 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Could be. It's another case of every kid is different.

My oldest was cruising furniture just before 7 months, took a solo step at 8 months and was officially walking at 10 months.

I'd say your daughter will be walking sooner rather than later, though!

(you have baby proofed already, right?)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:37 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Sounds like it! Hold on to your hats!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• She could or she could wait awhile. My friend's son was content to cruise and then crawl for about 2.5 months, but my daughter only did a few weeks of cruising without walking as well.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:04 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Not too soon.. My DD could hold her head up at birth and just kept going from there.. she crawled very early.. She was running at 91/2mnths.. She started standing and holding on at 7mnths and then 8months she was walking and falling but by 9 1/2mnths she was already running.. Must run in the family since both cousins walked at 9 months...
    Halsmommy

Answer by Halsmommy at 10:26 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yes I have baby proofed but we are moving out on the 1st of may! One of my nephews crawled at 9 months the other at 11 months, but I dont think that has anything to do with it. She has also been crawling since 5 months!!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2009