• In the Spotlight:

All I ever wanted was a flaming sword.

I have no idea where this is coming from today lol.

Back in the day when I used to stay up all night playing D&D the good old fashioned way, all I ever wanted was a flaming sword. I got all number of other cool things over the years (possessed spider armor, my own youngling dragon, kick @$$ battle axes) but never my great flaming bastard sword!

Was there ever something you always wanted in an RPG that you just never got?

Ever get anything really cool?

Xynyth

Asked by Xynyth at 9:28 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My number one thing on my characters' wish lists was always the Bag of Holding!! Dang! Could carry ANYTHING!!! And as a thief, when the others gave you their stuff to keep on the trip....heeheehee.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:32 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Lol, I used to call my diaper bag my Bag of Holding!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:36 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Well, yeah. lol My husband was always surprised at what I'd pull out of the diaper bag! rofl

I think I still have the stat sheets from my favorite character somewhere. (we've moved a few times since we last gamed) Thief/sorcerer! Loved that combo! Bwahaha!!

Our DM used to make up these WICKED characters. (literally!) But he always had this power so no one could detect he was evil. Very interesting when we had a Paladin in the group!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:40 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I still have mine too tucked nicely in my book lol.

That is an...interesting power...especially with a Paladin!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:46 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I've always wanted a red corvette with black interior but never got :(

But now I have everything ( except for the red corvette).
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I never really got into D&D, but I do (or did) play Fate on my computor (it's not reloaded onto the new system). I am always picking up special stuff on that one. And the cool thing is, if you end one game, you can keep one thing off of them to pass on to an heir. And when you did that, it got even more powerful. It's awesome! Thanks for reminding me that I need to load that game onto the comp.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Bag of Holding! It would have been awesome!
    sherriet

Answer by sherriet at 9:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2009