This just makes people look even that much more dumb

Whenever a question is asked on here by someone people always thinks it is the poster in that situation.I guess it never crosses there small unexpandable minds that they are defending someone or feeling sorry for them. It just amazes me how people on here jump to conclusions and go to bashing the poster of a question without even knowing there situation. And especially when the question implies nothing about it being related to their situation. And most of them are either about welfare, wic, food stamps, gays, or obama. And then after reading there responses i fell sorry for them because they are the ones who are so unmiserable happy worrying about "their" tax dollars paying for welfare or why someone didn't vote for obama , or that someone is against gays.When there are millions of peoples tax dollars paying for welfare (including mine). But so what, go on with your life and quit making yourself miserable. anyone agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Take a deep breath and breathe...........Let it go......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• 100%. miserable people want to make everyone else miserable too. its pathetic. and i see alot of it on here.
    mnadcox

Answer by mnadcox at 9:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• No I think you sound pretty crazy actually.. why wouldn't someone be worried about "their" tax money going to SOME people who are lazy and just don't want to work?? (NOT ALL BUT SOME)

Take the first posters advice.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Im not miserable and I voted for Obama, I don't have an issue with gay marriage, I get wic and I think welfare should be a last means of taking care of your family and it should have a time limit on how long you can use it. Food Stamps are fine with me as long as they are truly needed and not being sold for money for drugs, beer, cigarettes or gas money. Some people have thin skin and everything is an attack toward them. If its a public forum for people to ask then its our right as AMERICANS to have the freedom to our opinion and freedom of speech. Our taxes money goes into someone else's pocket but what can we do about it??? NOTHING so why stay pissed about something that is not going to change. Some day we may all need it, it only makes me mad when you know that person has never been a productive member of society and they are living off the money everyone else works to give them.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Words like never and always, do not contribute to good conversation.

The majority of our society is still working and always did they have the right to voice opinions regarding where their tax dollars go and having questions on here that seem so apparent the poster is on welfare and not an over achiever they get what is coming. The working folks are people also and have the right to speak up any way they want.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• OP--IF you're posting on the behalf of someone else...then why not PREFACE your post that way! You have 940 characters in which to construct a well-thought out response. My heart bleeds for me and my family...not a bunch of nameless, faceless, internet types.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Most people on PA are working people. I don't know why people think that people who get PA don't work. They might not make much and they might work in meaningless or hard labor jobs, but they are still working.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Whatever happened to people who work living within their means?! My husband makes a very nice salary, and we don't have a lot of "extras" or the latest and greatest material things! Why? Because, even though my husband earns a great salary, he doesn't take it all home with him (35% tax bracket), then there's the contribution to our 401k, money that is tied up in stocks and secure investments, then our mortgage, car payments, and bills each take their fair share, and what is left over, goes into our simple savings account, for life's necessities.

If people lived according to their means, they would have far fewer things and less children. BUT, so long as that safety net is there, why be responsible?!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:12 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Minimum wage is minimum wage for a reason, government studies prove that it is the wage in which someone can survive on in the current market. Not strive or have a good time, survive. If two drop outs were working at minimum wage and living together they should be doing okay, but no, they throw a couple kids in there before they are twenty, buy a car they can't afford and pick an apartment complex with the pool instead of something more humble..

I went to college on minimum wage and graduated with no debt other than my car payment, my apartment was in the worst neighborhood and was gross, but I had enough money every month to pay my bills without assistance from anyone. There are plenty of people who want everything for nothing and they want it all at 18.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Thanks for bringing that up ANON 10:23!!!

The MAJORITY of people making minimum wage, are NOT heads of household...or SHOULDN'T be!!! They are mostly people just getting STARTED in life, COLLEGE students, HOMEMAKERS, and RETIREES!

Those making minimum wage should NOT own homes, a car less than 10 years old, or a cell phones with all of the bells and whistles, etc! You are SUPPOSED to work your way up in your career to where you CAN afford those things--not start out with those things! Again it's all about priorities!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2009