Which brand of Makeup do you prefer

I am thinking of switching over to Bare Minerals / Essentials... I've had them do a make over on me and I loved it but is there something better out there? I've seen Mac makeovers before and they look awesome too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I have some MAC eyeshadows that I love, but quite honestly, MAC makeup to me is just very dramatic. It's very full coverage if you wear a whole face of it. If that's what you're looking for, MAC is great. Personally, I like a natural finish and a "barely there" look. I wear several products daily, but they just make my face look like I'm naturally pretty, not made to be pretty using a spackle knife and putty. I use a combination of products, many are maybelline. For example, here's what I use:
    Maybelline tinted moisturizer with SPF
    Maybelline mineral powder, translucent
    Mary Kay "Vanilla" creme eyeshadow as a base
    MAC "Honesty" (light sparkly brown) as the lid color
    Maybelline gold brow highlighter below the brow and inner corner
    Mary Kay mascara
    Mary Kay lip gloss on "fancy" days, Softlips balm on most days

I hope this helped!!
    PenelopesMom

Answer by PenelopesMom at 10:06 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• i use maybelline
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• bare minerals
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:00 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Bare minerals is light and doesn't have all that crap that they put and some makeups. It really looks like you just have naturally clear radiant skin. And the test that they did on TV with putting makeup on a subjects hand and dipping it in clear water and the water remaining clear is so true. I love the product and my with using proactive my skin doesn't break out any longer.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:20 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I Love AVON!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Try the Avon Minerals collection. Its great and a fraction of the cost. You can try it at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping too!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I love estes lauder double wear foundation. cover girl translucent power, MAC eye products and sometimes maybeline great lash mascara. Also i just started using Neutrogena skin clearing foundation the last two days since i have been breaking out like a teen again, and it is really nice. Also there blush is great!
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 2:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• BTW I have both mineral make ups, I liked the Bare over the sheer cover. It just doesn't cover up as many flaws as they claim. but it is a nice light coverage.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 2:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I use Arbonne. They have a mineral foundation and it is fantastic....
    I have skin that normally breaks out all the time and my skin looks great.
    When I tell people I have struggled with acne for years they keep telling me my skin looks great.
    I love the products so much I decided to become a consultant. Let me know if you want more information.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 12:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Bare Minerals for foundation, Estee Lauder or Dior for everything else.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 2:38 AM on Apr. 23, 2009