how can i get her to stop

My 10 month old is cutting 4 teeth at once and she is gritting her teeth sooooo bad!! The sound makes me want to throw up how can i get her to stop, shes going to damage her teeth

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 10:02 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No she will stop if it hurts her. Its probably the only thing that makes her gums feel good. Try giving her a teething toy and see if she uses that instead.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• give her a hard crusty piece of bread
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:05 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• All you can really do right now is encourage her to put something in her mouth, as pp said... most likely this behavior will come and go; when my daughter does it now at 22 months, we're able to talk her out of it.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:06 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Give her a damp cloth to chew on or give her a popsicle to suck on and relax those are her baby teeth it's the adult teeth you need to worry about. She will be fine.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:06 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• All I can say is "ughhhhhh!" I hate that sound too. My daughter does it once in a while and I cringe! I don't really know what to do to help though. I would take everyone else's advice and stuff a piece of food in there. lol. Good luck.
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 10:16 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• its a new sensation, she's trying it out. if it gets bad, take her to the dentist.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 10:19 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Babies should not have wheat before they turn one (or sugar or dairy or lots of other foods)! wet a couple of washclothes and put them in the freezer; they are great for teething. Pick up Hylands teething tabs.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:31 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Oh gosh! My daughter did this same thing, but she stopped on her own after she got used to having those teeth in her mouth. I wanna say she was about 12 months when she quit doing that. If you think it's going to do harm to her teeth because she grinds excessively, call your pediatrician.
    PenelopesMom

Answer by PenelopesMom at 10:33 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• GOOD LUCK! My son started gritting his teeth at that age and at night. He didn't stop until he was 5 or 6. He finally stopped on his own.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• All of mine did it at one point or another. If they don't stop on their own by the time they're toddlers you can take them in. It actually will take quite a bit of grinding for her to do any real damage though.

If you think the teething is bother her, we had good luck with frozen waffles.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:43 AM on Apr. 22, 2009