Chicken legs AND thighs, come on ladies help me out here....

Any recipes? They need to be GREAT, because my fiance does NOT like chicken. I told him he would like it if I made it the right way, so I need to prove to him that I can make good chicken lol....
COME ON LADIES HELP ME OUT HERE!!!

mommykayti

Asked by mommykayti at 10:07 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Also, any EASY sides that would go great would be some help too. AND PLEEEAAASSSEEE try to make the chicken easy too. I have a three year old running around and he's in this "daddys mean" phase.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:08 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• sorry i dont like chicken legs and thighs either, but when i do make them i put barbecue sauce or italian dressing or bread them with a mixture of bread crumbs and dry ranch dressing and bake or you could put a cream of chicken or mushroom soup on them and bake and then make noodles or rice and serve the chicken and sauce over the noodles or rice.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:10 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• sides i can do. salad. pasta salad potato salad umm stuffed tomatoes we just had those and i love them
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:11 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I don't know... I used to date a guy that hated chicken. No matter how I fixed it, he still hated it!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:12 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I love chicken I can eat it anyway you make it. Fried, Boiled, Baked, BBQ I love it.
    Just add the spices and I am gone with it...lol

I perfer dark meat because it is more juicy and the white meat I'll eat sometimes it is a tad dry.
    But my dh on the other had he loves the breasts(mine too..lol) any way that is all he prefers so I just get boneless breast and prepare them I put them in a baking pan drizzle some italian dressing along with lots of parmasaen cheese salt and pepper and bake for 45 minutes. If you want dry leave uncovered if you want juicy cover with foil (bake at 350). You can do the same with dark meat sometimes I just like it with salt and pepper only. Did I mention I LOVE chicken :)
    GL and enjoy....have fun oh and for sides use veggies or mash potatoes you can b creative. You got it in u girl.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:16 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• If you do them "skin-on", preheat oven to 375, rinse chicken and drizzle on a little olive oil and rub it around to coat the chicken. Put on a couple drops of sesame oil, too, and rub it all over to coat (sesame oil is just for flavor). Combine 1/4 tsp powdered ginger, garlic powder (not salt), salt and just a dash of pepper in a little bowl. Sprinkle evenly over chicken and rub it all over it to make it even. Put chicken on baking sheet (you can line with foil sprayed with pam if you want) and bake for 45 minutes. While it's baking, put 1/4 cup soy sauce and 1tbsp of peanut butter in a little bowl in microwave 15 sec. Stir until combined. Microwave a few sec longer if PB didn't melt fully. Add chopped green onions. Drizzle this over chicken when it comes out. Serve with rice and snowpeas or something like that. It's the best "asian flavors" chicken EVER.
    PenelopesMom

Answer by PenelopesMom at 10:16 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• When it comes to chicken, all I buy is leg quarters... so many things you can do, and oh so cheap!

I always take the skin and as much as possible off. My husband swears it takes away from the juicy, but his idea of juicyness is my idea of grease-induded heart attack.THe simplest thing I make is a little seasoning salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour, depends on how thick the chicken is. About half way through I pour th grease out and put in a few tablespoons of water. When its done, I pour on a nice thick layer of bbq sauce and put it back in the oven about 5 minutes. Baked potatoes are great because they cook in the oven too, so while I'm swearing about it being 200 degrees in the kitchen at least I know its for a good reason LoL. Mashed or boiled potatoes with or without gravy. Sometimes instead of bbq sauce, I'll make extra gravy and pour it over the chicken and potatoes.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• marinate it for a few hours in his favorite sauces or seasoning, than bake or fry the chicken with his favorite side dish.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:27 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I myself do not like the chicken legs or thighs, but hubby does, so what I do is mix 3 tbs honey with about 2 cups BBQ sauce and I coat it on the chicken. Then just grill-about halfway through grilling, brush more sauce on your chicken. It is delicious. The honey makes the BBQ sauce "stick" on the chicken (or ribs or whatever you are BBQ'ing). While I am grilling, I grill some zucchini, and onions, and tomatoes. ( I section off part of the grill with aluminum foil, spray it with some Pam- and put the veggies on that!!) Sprinkle the veggies lightly with pepper and seasoning salt and you are good to go!! It is so healthy and delicious. Then I will usually make some sort of potato dish, depending on hubby's mood, ummm..garlic mashed potatoes are usually his fave...but you could do twice baked, or something like that. Trust me you cannot go wrong with that! And I have a 2 year old clinging to me through all of this!

CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 10:43 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• i can't stand dark meat, but to buy chicken bone-in is so much cheaper so this is what i sometimes do: bake them with some italian herb mixture and olive oil, then shred it up. make up some noodles- ziti, spiral, elbow, whatever small pieces you want- and toss with frozen mixed veggies in a casserole dish. add a can of cream of whatever sauce- chicken, mushroom, celery, something white- plus about 1/2 to one whole can of milk, depending on how big the casserole is. bake for about 30 minutes at 350, take it out, add cheddar cheese on top and/or real bread crumbs- i like to use up croutons that are lightly smashed a bit or toast up some wheat bread and cube it up, and put back in the oven to melt the cheese. i start the chicken during the day so it has time to cool off before shredding, and just stick it in the fridge til it's time to add it to the casserole.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 22, 2009