"The Perfect Dog traing system" good or not???

I need to find out if the new "the perfect dog" training system for a dog really works. I have seen the info. commercial on read online reviews. I have 2 hyper, chewing, un controlable mutts about a year and half. I want to allow them more play time in our home and include them in our family time, but they end uo in the backyard (eating my plants, pool pump or digging) or crate ( eatting the dog bed) way more than I would like.
The offer seems too good to be true, but exactly what I need. Please let me know any experience you have with this or any training product that really works.
here is the link if you haven't already seen it:
http://www.thane.com/products/promos/perfectdog/perfectdog.php

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pets

• I haven't seen it but I am a regular viewer of the show "Dog Whisperer" as well as I have one of my own. Mine acted the way you describe until I started doing the things from the show. One of the MOST important things is to exercise your dog daily! This may mean more than once a day! Take them for walks, take them to dog parks or play fetch in the yard. Get them worn out. This really does greatly assist in getting them to obey and not chew or dig. Good luck!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:55 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Personally I like the "No Free Lunch" Non Confrontational Dominance Program. Here is a link.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/training.html

I own Pit Bulls and a Rottweiler and work for a Pit Bull Rescue and this program works wonderfully , even for non bully breed dogs. It is safe and effective and is recommended by many rescue and dog adoption programs nationwide. Best thing about it? Nothing to purchase , no expensive equipment and no expensive classes to attend!
    Mom2PunkRockers

Answer by Mom2PunkRockers at 1:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I don't know anything about this program, but I can bet you money that you'll be putting $$ into what Mom2PunkRockers has recommended (or a form of). I've been working with & training dogs for 28 years and I've never paid for a program.

The thing you have to realize and remember is that any training program you choose will only be successful if you and everyone in your home (or who interacts with your dogs) is FULLY committed to modifying and managing the behaviors.

Don't count on any number of episodes of The Dog Whisperer to teach you how to correct any behavioral problem. That show is VERY misleading and the public doesn't see all the work that actually goes into the dogs on the show. About the only thing that show is good for is that he stresses that dogs are a product of their humans and the way they handle and care for them.
    DiamondTiger

Answer by DiamondTiger at 5:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2009