what is the best thing for baby acne??

Asked by kenedygrace06 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All babies get it. It's fine. Make sure it isn't too hot, and as long as your baby gets bathed, you'll be fine. This is just left over hormones from you. Hope it helps!

Answer by NomadSara at 5:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• They always told me to leave it alone because in time it will heal itself just make sure your baby gets bathedd at the right times.

Answer by eazy_n_whit at 5:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Yep, just let it run its course. Go easy on the lotion or find a baby-safe oil free lotion for the affected areas

Answer by bltcahill at 7:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• The best thing for baby acne is time. As time goes by itll go away on its own. Its annoying while its here, but it will most definatley go away. ~Kristin~

Answer by KristinRox at 7:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• that shows how much thing have changed in 8 yrs. when my daughter had it the dr we were seeing at the time said to use balmex on it and it worked. gl

Answer by tenpin_ter at 9:49 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Just keep the area clean and dry and it'll run its course. They say it's actually mommies hormones that are still in the baby's system and that's the bodies way of working them out. If it looks red and irritated though my dr. suggested putting a little 1% Hydrocortisone cream on the area. I used it on my daughter and it helped when it was really flared up.

Answer by princesspalace at 11:13 PM on Jan. 27, 2009