Yearly Exam Question

When you get your yearly exam, can your obgyn tell if you're pregnant... even if it's to early to do a at home test? Also, when can you get a blood test done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Of course they can. I think it's mandatory. They even test me when I'm on B/C. And as far as i know, it's pretty accurate compared to the stuff we buy at the store. Yes you can get a blood test done if you prefer it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:51 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• they use dollar store tests... lol thats what i've been told
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yes they will autimatically test you to see if your pregnant. They will just do a urine test though cause I just had mine a couple of months ago. You can request a blood test and they will do it then. Also I just took a blood test to see if Im pregnant and It was cd25. So it shows up that early on the blood test.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 10:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• so do they always test you, or do you have to request?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Neither of the 2 ob's I have gone to have ever tested for pregnancy automatically like the resonders' ob's did. Maybe it's different for every doctor or for every state? If you want your doctor to test urine or blood, I would request it.

I read that the urine tests at the dr's office are the same as the top tier hpt's. And implantation takes 6-12 days, so you shouldn't be able to test until at the very least 7 days past ovulation. Go here for more info: http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hpt.html

I'm sure you could get a blood test whenever you request it, but the question would be whether or not your insurance will cover it.
    Learning2Hope

Answer by Learning2Hope at 2:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• can your obgyn tell if your pregnant without a test?
    Anonymous