Cheap advertising

I am a stay at home mom, and have started a small business out of my home. I need to do a little advertising so I can get some business. But it gets so expensive. I have tried Craigslist and a few other places like that, with very little help. Does anyone have any good ideas? I am interested in some advertising not online also. I am looking to not spend very much though. I have one thing I would like to promote for mothers day, so I need to get something out there pretty quick. Thanks for your help.

fullerac

Asked by fullerac at 10:51 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• you can do a little walking & stick flyers on people's mail boxes. I did this when my ex started his own design business. We were actually surptised at how many people called from the fliers we put out.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:54 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• local schools and hair salons and restaurants and grocery stores around here that have bullitin boards to use to promote your business locally.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:13 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• PM me, I have a site and would love to make you part of it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:17 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Do not take thw advice of the first poster, samurai_chica about mailboxes. You CANNOT place something without paid postage ON, IN or touching a mailbox or it's post. You can be fined several hundred dollars for each violation (and if you hand 100 ads that can be $1,000 or more in fines)!

Some simple local advertising ideas is, sure make flyers or free vista print postcards but leave them on doors not mailboxes. Also look for a consultant tote. It's a black tote bag/purse with a big clear window for displaying a catalog. Leave catalogs or business cards or post cards everywhere, even bathroom stalls. Get a window decal for your car window, get a shirt made saying "I Sell ________! Ask me for a FREE Catalog & Sample" Get into flea markets, vender shows, yard sale events, have a give away where you get names and phone numbers and FOLLOW UP!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Do you have microsoft publisher? I could email you a sample flyer I made for my home business and you could use it as an idea or just put in your own information!
    also, if your business is built up on referrals I can give you a great site to advertise for free, but only let me know if you're interested, so I can explain it to you.
    Also the myspace classifieds and you can do a search for post free classified to find out other places to post. Good luck!
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 11:34 AM on Apr. 22, 2009