Stay at home Mom is bored.

I recently became a stay at home Mom because I dropped out of college to raise my son. I am becoming very bored and depressed by not having anything to do. I barely have the energy to keep my house from getting to out of control messy (notice I didn't say clean lol.). What can I do to feel better?

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try getting together with other moms. See if there's a group, or if you have any friends with kids you can start your own playgroup. Get out of the house as much as possible. That's what I have to do. Get out between naps, different activities are possible depending on the age of your child... And then you're probably missing a lot of the intellectual stimulation if you were just in college... try to find a little time to read or study or watch a good movie... even if it's after your child's bedtime. (I never had much luck with this during the day).
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:05 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Maybe you could try to get out more, the weather is getting better, go for a walk everyday with the stroller, Get up everyday and get a shower and get dressed, that way you will feel good about yourself, And if you exercise, the walk could count, you'll have more energy thoughout your day:)
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I've been there too! Try and get yourself out of the house. Take the baby for a walk. I found that fresh air improved my mood and I soon had more energy once I got off my butt. Cleaning the house gets old! Maybe try mixing it up a bit and throw a little music on to lift those spirits and maybe even dance a little!
    IluvGreg

Answer by IluvGreg at 11:09 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Join a mommy group in your area to meet other moms for playdates, go for walks or to the park. I'm also a sahm and it's hard doing alot of things because I don't drive but I find things for us to do. I love going for walks with my son, taking him over to the scooerr fields to run around, take him to the park, go shopping and meet up with other moms for lunch, Getting my cleaning done is easy because I put some music on to get me in the mood.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• you could go to the park and if your baby is old enough, put him/her on the swing! check out the library and see if they have playgroups. they are usually separated by age.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Go to the park.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 11:42 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Go back to school. Take just one class online or when you have a sitter. That way you still feel like you are accomplishing something and you still have lots of tiem for baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My son is almost 4 months and he LOVES to go to walmart, so I go just to walk and look around. Gets me out of the house and he loves looking at everything so he is entertained too. Tires him out to by the end so its nice when I get home cuz he is asleep usually.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would suggest starting each day by getting out of bed, showering and whatever, putting on real clothes and not just jammies. Put on a little make-up. Get a routine to follow. Treat being a SAHM like you would any career. Take it seriously. Make it your business! As a SAHM, cleaning house, educating and nurturing the kids, providing healthy meals for the family, etc are my job, right? If you are a SAHM and you're doing it right, you'll never be bored! A couple of websites you might visit are http://www.flylady.net/ (flylady saved me in so many ways!!! PLEASE check her out, you won't be sorry) and also please come visit our group. We'd love to have ya! Some things to think about :) :::hugs:::

TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 12:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would reccommend asking someone to keep your baby for a day get some time for your self and breathe and once you can think again sit down and sort out the things that are imporatant to you becasue you are at home does not mean you dont have a social life. At home can mean alot of things like working, creating a career, studying life does not stop there Girl you will be okay
    21centurymom

Answer by 21centurymom at 1:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2009