What do you think of the IUD?

I have been wanting one for awhile now but i haven't got up and done it. Who else has it and are you glad you got it? Dose it hurt a lot?

Augusta

Asked by Augusta at 11:01 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Health

• I enjoy it. My periods are lighter, & i don't feel like crying all day like i did on the pill. Although recently i had some serious morning sickness & wondered if i was pregnant. Come to find out, it can be a reaction from time to time w/ Mirena. But ya know, woman aren't meant to take birth control. I think that we just have to pick & choose which symptomes we CAN deal with & which ones we can't. I would rather have pregnancy symptoms than get really depresses like how i was on EVERY pill i have ever tried. And no, it did not hurt me. But i think i have a high pain tolerance. It may hurt when they put it in, but mine didn't hurt at all. You can also take advil, that's supposed to help w/ the insertion.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:08 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I got paraguard, the copper IUD. I love not having to worry about condoms. I can't take hormonal bc because it gives me migraines so it's great for me. It was uncomfortable to put in, but after a bit I was fine. I've had it in since Oct and no problems. My period was normal, no extra heavy bleeding like some women have. I like the idea of having a regular period too so that if the .1% happens and I get pregnant I'll know.
    wulfbourne

Answer by wulfbourne at 1:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2009