how do you believe a hacker alert??

http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/hackermail.asp
don't !!! I love SNPOES.com for frud info and truth vs. fact. Too many rumors going around!! Check your facts people before passing stuff around.
And who would open an e-mail from somebody you don't know anyway???

chefjen

Asked by chefjen at 11:04 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• nothing is ever PERFECT!! I know that. I just hate to see people being taken in by scams!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I know my computer like the back of my hand. If something is slightly off, I know it.. I dont believe those hacker emails. If they are on the news, like that one virus thing was, then I will be extra cautious.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:16 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Snopes is not perfect. A very left leaning web site in fact. I suggest you do some research before taking anyone or things word for gospel. You are right alot of stuff gets passed around that is just lies, lies, lies.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I've found things about my employer on snopes to be not true. I work for a large company that is said to be right winged, and the report was liberal in nature and not true.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• "Snopes is not perfect."

I was going to say that as well- Snopes is not as credible as everyone thinks. :)
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:26 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• No, snopes is not perfect, especially about anything that could have politicial impact.
    BUT - this question is about computer viruses and lame emails. For those, snopes is one of the best sights out there.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Agree with kaycee.
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 1:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• More to the point, if you google it, and the first hits to pop up are not from McAffee, CNet, AGV or Microsoft, nobody is taking it seriously but your chain mail. And no, you are not going to hear about a credible computer threat through a chain mail BEFORE Microsoft and CNet do.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2009