Miss California??

Why is everyone having a coronary about her answer to her question by Perez Hilton this past Sunday? Why ask a question like that if people are not ready for an honest answer? If she believes that marriage is between a man and a woman what does it matter? I think people have nothing better to do then to knock her down..BTW she should have won, she was the prettiest one up there!!! What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The way Perez Hilton reacted calling her a b on his website/bloggsite/crapsite for her answer proves the point that those who preach tolerance are the very ones who are NOT tolerant of other's viewpoints! I applaud her for speaking her beliefs and sticking up for them, she said so respectful of others and she SHOULD have won! Shame on Perez, he is a bafoon idiot for his reaction and vicious attack against her!!!!!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 11:36 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Free speech is only for those with the current politically correct opinions. She is a Christian and as one she cannot be for gay marriage. It goes against the Bible. She voiced that in a calm and respectful way but then Perez Hilton (a giant freak show who thinks he is someone important) blasted her as others did. They have the right to do that but it showed how unintelligent they are and did show young girls they are not to have a mind of their own. They have to be a part of group think or they will be attacked. It is really sad. I am proud of her for standing up for her beliefs. She knew when she got that question all hell would break loose but she answered it anyway.

Gay marriage is not about marriage or equality it is about forcing those of us who have our Christian beliefs to compromise or else. So wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I didn't watch the pagent but have heard a little bit about her answer.... I am amazed that they asked the question. No matter what she answered, one side or the other would be pissed off about it.

It was a no-win situation!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:15 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I completely agree with both statements above, and anon 10:14, you said that better than anything! God bless you!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I think she did the right thing by answering honestly. I think people are just so used to listening to politicians suger-coat everything to make it appealing to everyone LOL.... I think she answered it well. It was polite, it was accepting (saying that for HER family....) and it was how she really feels.

Don't even get me started on Hilton. He makes my stomach turn. He talks about how insulting her comments are to the gay community ~~ yet his favorite past-time seems to be "outing" people who aren't ready to be "out" yet. He has no respect for anyone.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• "Pretty" is subjective. I thought the other one was prettier.

And if she really wanted the crown, she would have answered the way everyone wanted her to. She didn't, and that's great for her, but everyone should get over how she didn't win because of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I think it was good she answered honestly even tho it wasnt the popular thing to do.
    I may not agree with her 100% but I think you shouldnt lie just to impress anyone who has an obvious agenda even if it costs you.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I'm glad she stood up for what she believes in, and I'm sure she knew that it would cost her the crown. And I'm sure God will greatly bless her for not conforming to this world.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:21 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I think she did the right thing and she should sue that Perez guy for saying horrible things about her. He called a her "a stupid bitch and other names on television.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 11:23 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• You know I am friggn glad she didn't win. and thats me being HONEST. I think America needed the wake up call and hear someone say that crap on TV. She was going to be representing American for gods sakes. honesty is good and the judges as well as the rest of America needed the honest answer. she gave it, she lost. her loss not ours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Apr. 22, 2009