Have any of your children gotten a rash from a vaccine??

MY daughter recently got the varicella vaccine. IT was her second one. I know that you sometimes do get a rash with the vaccine, but hers is all over. She is pretty itchy and its all over her face, arms, butt..Her face is just really red and bumpy. has this happened to anyone ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Health

• I would talk to your ped. He can then determine if it's from the vaccine or not, and if it is he can report it to VAERS so more accurate statistics of vaccine reactions are available.
    wulfbourne

Answer by wulfbourne at 1:51 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Im the op, i must have clicked anon by mistake.
    anyhow,
    i did talk to her ped, they said its a common reaction..but i wills till be taking her to see them tomorrow morning again bc im not satisfied with that answer bc it does look pretty bad. i understand a small rash possibly, but its just really red and bumpy and it concerns me a little.
    MOM22QTS

Answer by MOM22QTS at 2:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Good luck, and I hope your baby feels better soon:)
    wulfbourne

Answer by wulfbourne at 3:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yes, he got a rash after the 2nd dose of MMR. The next dose he got a half dose and was fine. A rash is a common reaction to a vaccine, it usually doesn't mean anything. You are doing the right thing by taking her to the doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 22, 2009