Healthy baby foods?

What are some healthy different ideas that you feed your 8-12 month olds when they get there teeth? breakfast,lunch,dinner Share your ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my daughter was about 9 months old, I started her on finger foods. Her favorite? Boiled carrots of all things. I would dice carrots up into finger-food-sized pieces and boil them until soft. After they cooled, I'd toss some onto her high chair tray and she'd just tear them up! No-salt-added canned green beans were a favorite of hers, too. They're so soft she didn't even barely have to chew. Best wishes to you and your little one!
    PenelopesMom

Answer by PenelopesMom at 11:20 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Get the book "Feed me, I'm Yours" it's wonderful. It has list and lists of healthy foods and recipes
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:20 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• steamed chopped up sweet potatoes are great. as they cool down you can chop them up into finger size cubes, or "fries" or puree it. chopped bananas are also great. my son also likes tiny steamed carrots
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:26 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Tofu's a GREAT, healthy finger food. You can cut it in small strips and you don't have to cook it. Full of protein. Scrambled eggs are good (you're supposed to wait till 12 months because of allergies, but we started at 10). Babybel cheese is healthy, soft and super convenient (each piece comes wrapped in a wax coating) so they're great for snacking on the go. For another snack idea, my daughter loved unsalted rice cakes... Around 8-9 months you can introduce whole milk yogurt. I'd skip the yo-baby brand because of all the sugar (even though it's real sugar, not corn syrup, so it's not horrible), but it's also expensive. You can get plain whole milk yogurt and add a fruit puree to it (but babies often even like the taste of it plain, so no need to sweeten it too much). Avocado is perfect for that age, too. You can mash it with a fork or just scoop it out as they get better with gumming/chewing. Cheerios, of course.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:30 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Teeth don't matter. Until they get their molars, they're gumming everything.

We just gave what we were eating...no special ideas, really.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:33 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I was going to say boiled carrots :) Love em.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 12:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2009