my husband is leaveing for 2 weeks

My husband is leavening for 2 weeks and I don’t know how i am going to deal with him not being here. He is going to his friends house 3 hrs away to help him fix his house after a hail storm tore it up and his friend is just going to pay a few friends to help him fix it inserted of hiring a company. So I have not slept without him more then 1 night the whole time we have been together. I am 21 weeks pregnant and I know I am all emotional but man i don’t want him to go. But at the same time i don’t want him to not go because we sure could use that extra money. I cant go with him because his 16 year old daughter lives with us and we cant leave her alone for 2 weeks. How do you deal when you husband is gone for a long time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• theres really no way to make it easier. . . just call him everyday and talk to him. he cant stop by and visit or vice versa?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• You just do what you have to do. 2 weeks is not a long time to me. Sure when kids are little and there is no help it is frustrating and tougher for a while. My husband did 30 yrs in the Navy. His 'shortest deployment was six month. two different times he was gone over a year. In between deployment they were routinely out to sea for 1-3 weeks at a time. He missed the birth of one, and all three first Christmas'.
    It' can be hard but you have to set your mind that you will get through it and be fine. It could def. be a lot worse.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:40 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I envy people who have husbands that have jobs that require them to travel. My husband is home all the time because he mainly works from home and I absublutly hate it. I would love it if my husband would go away even for just a few days.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 11:42 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• enjoy the break and make plans for when he returns. two weeks isn't that long. some of these women are married to men who are deployed for very long periods of time or truck drivers who are on the road a lot. You can do this. Just stay busy. Call him often. He'll be home soon.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:59 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Hunny, you'll cope. My husband was gone for 5 weeks when I pregnant with our first, 9 weeks when I was pregnant with our second (at one stretch) with 1-3 week trips on top of that. He spent a year in Iraq. Set up a time for him to call every day, plan things that you can do (organizing the baby's room, walking in the park, things like that,) to pass the time, or settle in with some serious chick flicks that he'd hate to watch and go on a marathon movie binge.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 12:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I am the same way. My advice is to stay very very busy the entire time. Make plans with old friends you haven't seen in awhile. Go shopping, do some spring cleaning, anything to stay busy. Talk to him when you can. But the main thing is stay busy. Call friends or relatives from out of town. Pick up hours at work. That worked for me. And it went way faster!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Oh, I wish I was in your shoes. Mine left a month ago tomorrow, for a year. It's hard. Keep yourself busy. Keep a journal if you want. Go outside, get some fresh air. I just want to sleep all the time, but I can't. I have 3 kids. Before you know it, he will be home!
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I know exactly how you feel. Even though my husband has been on 3 deployments (1 for 4 months, and 2 for over a year), I still miss him when he is gone no matter what the time frame is. My hubby has a 3 day drill weekend coming up and I am completely dreading it. I hate it when he is gone. But when he is gone I do get a lot done. I normally do some deep cleaning, finish that book that I have been wanting to read, bake a cake and decorate it, have a pamper me night, go out with my friends, etc. There is so much you can do to make the time fly by. I am sure you will be able to talk to him at least once a day, so that will help. Just keep busy and before you know it he will be home again.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2009