From dating to becoming a couple - how soon ?

In general, how long or how many dates after starting to date someone do you move to the next level and actually become bf/gf? How long was it for you ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's complicated. People, in general, don't date the same way they did back in the day. "Courtship" is almost a moot term, lol. For my DH and I, we worked together and were friends for quite a while before we started dating, so when we finally did "date" it moved very quickly. We started dating 5 years ago, but we already are married with 2 children.

If you want me to make an estimate, it usually only takes a handful of dates to decide whether you'd like to remain with this person or stop dating. If you've gone out on 10 dates, but there's still no feeling of "hey, I think I'd like this guy as my boyfriend", then you're probably wasting your time. I dunno. I guess I'm a fast mover! lol.
    PenelopesMom

Answer by PenelopesMom at 11:44 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I think dating is good to do a long time.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:46 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I feel that is something that you both have to be on the same page with.
    I knew with my fiance on the second if not the first date that we were already BF and GF..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:46 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Not a good person to ask...when I met my husband I DECIDED i was going to marry him from the moment I saw him...I turned into stalker chic...our second date I basically told him I wanted him to be my baby daddy...little did he know 11 years and 4 kids later...he would still be stuck with me. We did learn alot about each other the first 2 years though, we practically lived together after our first date...we never separated...good/bad who's to say what counts is that we're still together :)
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 22, 2009