Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are there any support groups for moms who have children born with a birth defect?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (4)
  • there are several... I own one for Corpus Callosum disorders. I belong to three different groups though that cover a more wide range of issues.

    What is your baby's birth defect?

    Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:50 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

  • I have not gotten an actual diagnosis. I can tell you that the left hand was not properly developed. You can see a small palm and the five stubs ( fingers). I really need to talk to someone about this birth defect.

    Answer by mbubbles at 12:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

  • I don't know of any birth defects groups, but I worked with kids with special needs before I was a mommy and still volunteer on a regular basis. I would love to help in any way i can... you can PM me/add me to your friends if you'd like. I have seen many different types of birth defects. I have several good resources.

    Answer by Pieta0227 at 1:43 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

  • The groups I belong to are: Moms with kids in early intervention:

    Corpus Callosum Disorders:

    Children with Special Needs;preemies,NICU,Cerebral palsy,feeding tube,Autism,ADHD,reflux,Asthma,heart,signing,brain injuries,speech,dev delays,RAD:


    Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:42 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.