Can anyone give me information on doing data entry?

I am curious on how to get started doing data entry and if its worth it.

lyndonsmom

Asked by lyndonsmom at 11:49 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• If you've never done Data Entry before you can always go to local temp agencies. They let you do a free test to see how proficient you are at it and they can help you find an entry level job to get you some experience!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Data entry is simply typing in data to a database which is basically secretarial type of work. If you can type, you can do data entry. You could check with local employment agencies to see what the pay in your area is. Try free temp agencies first and see if you like doing the work

Answer by admckenzie at 11:53 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I do data entry part time for my moms company. You have to take a test before you start to check for speed and accuracy. We get paid on production, so the faster we are the more we make. And each job pays a different amount, depending on what they are charging the company that we are doing the work for.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 12:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I use a variety of free work at home companies. I've cleared over 14k in the last year, it's not a way to get rich, but you can avoid retail/fast food jobs by doing it. You can see what I'm doing at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/  if you're interested.

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• type type type...the only people I know who did this did it for the post company and they said it was 10 key typing and borring but paid well enough and the office drama isn't really present
    lesliegail22

Answer by lesliegail22 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 26, 2009