When naming your pets do you give them people names?

Perferably dogs...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pets

• were getting a puppy on friday and were naming her bristol
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yeah. I have 2 birds named Jack and Sally, a cat named Travis and a dog names Fred.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 11:57 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Moses and Molly are my dogs
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• When you think of names imagne yourself yelling it out your front door. I refuse to yell marshmallow or fluffy out the door...so ours are people names :)
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Its funny that ria7 says that cause when we were little we would intentionally name our cats funny names cause we thought it was funny when our dad had to yell for them and it was a totally stupid name! LOL!
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 12:01 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Sometimes. At present I have a cat named Kelly and a dog named Tucker, but I have in the past owned a cat named Popcorn, a dog named Spunky and so on. I think it just depends on the particular animal and what name you and the rest of the family like and decide on. A family pet is where everybody usually gets a say, not just the parents, like a new baby.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• We had a cat named Smiley cuz he had a happy personality...and we now have a cat named Spaz...cuz she's a spaz....and our dog's name is Libby cuz I just liked the name.... We usually name them from their personalities or from something that just pops into our head and sounds really cute. We had a Beta fish once that I named Fred...cuz I couldn't think of anything else...lol.
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 12:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• i have a cat named kingsley and dog named maisy. i hate names liek fluffy and bear and names that u generally think are "pet names" but i also dont liek people names because idk its not a person lol so i pick very unique names that arnt either :) but i must admit our puppy was almost named jelly...idk y just sounded cute for her
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I have a bad habit of naming my pets after food... but I did have a few with human names.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 1:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• It took us forever to come up with our dogs name. My sister came up with the name Roman, we made soo many jokes about it but in the end thats was his name became. It was also the name of someone on Days of our Lives, thats where she got it from. But like someone else said I couldn't imagine naming a pet fluffy or some other cutesy name,
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2009