Does anyone have knowledge of brain injuries? Can I trust a husband with one not to drink while on a 8 day trip? He says he learned his lesson!

He has self control issues with food and alcohol, is he able to grow up and be trusted? Is he going to kill himself if he goes by getting wasted? He is going!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Health

• No if he has had a problem with alcohol you can not trust him to sit in a bar and not drink. You need to put away money and make sure you put you and your kids first- IMO. if he isn't going to think of his family first..you need to.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• okay this made no sense at all.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I know you love him, but you cannot control him. No one knows what he will do when he is on a trip. Can you really tell him no? I don't mean to seem harsh, seeing as I know nothing about brain injuries...but I know about alcoholism. You should seek out Al-anon in your area or online. It will give you such peace of mind. I know it is impossible to separate yourself from his actions, but you can't live by controling another person. Does his brain injury make him like a child? In that case you may have some say...but if he is just wreckless when free...u can't do anything about that except let him face his own consequences.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• what part?
    Anonymous

• That is the part I don't know? I don't know if he is able to watch his brothers drink in a bar all day and him not have any? He is on alot of meds to help his moods and meds/alcohol make him really sick, but there is no stopping him. I had a bad dream I was living back with my mother.( in her kitchen with all my kids we were so cramped) He has shown himself to be thoughtless b4! very recently
    Anonymous