Does anyone know of a good (woman) psychiatrist?

I need to get back into therapy but want someone I can feel comfortable with. I would like to someone others know is very open and helpful. I live in central suffolk, so please let me know of someone.

inezmm2000

Asked by inezmm2000 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Health

• Suffolk, VA?
    Are you close enough to travel to Va Beach and are you military and enrolled in TriCare?
    If you answered yes, then I can tell you of an excellent licensed clinical counselor who is attached with Naval Medical Center in Portsmouth, but also has an office in Va Beach. Her name is Sandra Jarvis and you can reach her at the outpatient psychiatry clinic at (757) 953-5269/5248. I am willing to bet she can refer you to a psychiatrist of your wishes, too. The psychiatrist I saw at the Naval Hospital in Portsmouth was a male (Dr. Duane Lawrence), but he is a Christian and extremely easy to be in the same room with. I think he may have transferred, though.

If you are not military, then I am sorry, I don't know of anyone else around that area who may be able to help. Your insurance can refer you, though. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Suffolk County, LI (ny)
    inezmm2000

Answer by inezmm2000 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2009