Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know of a good (woman) psychiatrist?

I need to get back into therapy but want someone I can feel comfortable with. I would like to someone others know is very open and helpful. I live in central suffolk, so please let me know of someone.

Answer Question

Asked by inezmm2000 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Health

Level 6 (131 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Suffolk, VA?
    Are you close enough to travel to Va Beach and are you military and enrolled in TriCare?
    If you answered yes, then I can tell you of an excellent licensed clinical counselor who is attached with Naval Medical Center in Portsmouth, but also has an office in Va Beach. Her name is Sandra Jarvis and you can reach her at the outpatient psychiatry clinic at (757) 953-5269/5248. I am willing to bet she can refer you to a psychiatrist of your wishes, too. The psychiatrist I saw at the Naval Hospital in Portsmouth was a male (Dr. Duane Lawrence), but he is a Christian and extremely easy to be in the same room with. I think he may have transferred, though.

    If you are not military, then I am sorry, I don't know of anyone else around that area who may be able to help. Your insurance can refer you, though. ♥

    Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

  • Suffolk County, LI (ny)

    Answer by inezmm2000 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
Thallium Stress Test

Next question overall (Babies (0-12 months))
Going outdoors with baby

Recently Bumped in Life & Home
Goodbye Ladies!