Is your OBGYN a guy or a girl?

Mine is a guy it doesn't bother me because he is just a doctor anyway, plus he makes you feel really comfertable. But I heard some girls say they would never go to a guy OB so do you have a guy or girl? Why do you decide to have the one you have?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When I was pregnant with my son I had a male doctor and he was great. Funny and I felt very comfortable around him. With my second pregnancy I had a female doctor because we had moved and I didnt feel near as comfortable. Idk why.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• mine is a guy and i love him.. i tried his partner who was a girl.. and I hated her. I will never go back to her again.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I have a guy...but up until I went with him about 4 years ago, I always had a woman. But the guy I go to now is the best! Well him and his male partner. I love them both and they are the best GYNO's I have ever had!
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• mine was a guy...he tried to be funny but sometimes wasn't so successful.

Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 12:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I see 7 different ones. I go to this one practice and they all work together. It is amazing, I meet a new doctor everytime lol*. I see men and women! I love it, changes things up a bit.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Mines a girl, I would just feel weird with a guy, uncomfortable, like he doesn't know what he's doing
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Prior to kids I had a fairly strict woman only doctor rule...when I was young it made me feel more comfortable, and then I started thinking hey, it makes sense, I certainly wouldn't go to the mechanic that never owned a car.... but then I had my kids and actually had a male Dr. deliver both of them, and he was fabulous, so now I don't care. Now my rule is just someone I feel comfortable with, male or female.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• i have seen them all because when i go into labor i want to feel comfy knowing i met them all rather than having a stranger look at my vag when a baby is coming out
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My OB is a male and he is really nice but he only sees me when i need my pap other than that i see the midwives that work at his practice. I love having midwives.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My Ob is a guy. He's so much better the the female I had with my son.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 12:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2009