Are crew cab trucks okay for a car seat?

Im pregnant and we're looking at a crew cab nissan titan to buy so that we have some more room. I just wanted to make sure that they are okay.

jen.ritterbel

Asked by jen.ritterbel at 12:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• anything with a backseat should be good.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 12:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• You can double check by reading the truck's manual.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• As long as you can rear-face, you're fine. Extended rear-facing is so important. I wasn't even aware of the benefit until after my kids were big. Please check out this video for more info on my you should have your child rear-facing as long as possible.

Something to think about!

TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 12:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My mom works for Nissan and most car dealerships have carseats in store so you can take on out and see how it fits in the truck. We have a crew cab tundra and our carseat fits in it.
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Am I the only one who noticed that in that video linked above that a bunch of those carseats aren't installed at the correct angle? Rear facing is supposed to be at a 45 degree angle. A few of those kids were almost at 90! Not to reliable with information.
    Anonymous

• RF seats don't HAVE To be at 45 degrees. Older children can sit more upright.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• So...the manufacturer instructions mean nothing? Interesting.
    Anonymous

• None of my car seat manuals specify that a RF seat must be 45 degrees. It must be at least 45, but can be more upright.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2009