How can i get my Baby to sleep through the night?

i have a 9 month old that i can't get to sleep at night. Sometimes he wakes up 4 to 5 times a night and sometimes it could be only twice. I am still breastfeeding could that be why? i have tried the cry out method but that don't work i'm afraid because he cry's so bad i think he will make himself sick. He does not have any teeth yet so maybe he is teething but since he was born he has only slept through the night 1 time and i just think there might be somthing else i can try.

egormo

Asked by egormo at 12:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• try feeding him mashed potatoes before bed. Potatoes with unreal sourcream are so good and make me sleepy
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• At risk of being called a bad mom I will still post this. CIO worked with my son. We only had to do this for a couple of nights and he was sleeping soundly on his own all night. He was a much happier baby and less cranky. I know this is not popular but it worked for us. My son is a healthy and happy child now so not lasting damage like those who are against it would have you believe. I will post anon because I know the firestorm my opinion will create.
    Anonymous

• Babies don't sleep (oh, teenagers do!). He really will grow out of this. You can try waking him to eat before you go to sleep. Co-sleeping might be easier for you; you can both lay in bed and you can sleep while baby snacks.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2009