GOING CRAZY!!

Ok two questions until I can take a test on the 25th:

1. I'm 19 years old, how many days could I be fertile per cycle?
2. My husband is 20, how long is it possible that his sperm could stay in me?

ours

Asked by ours at 12:25 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• For the first question, depends on how many days are in the month, unless you meant how many days do you ovulate then i believe it is 5-7 days.
    For the second question, the sperm can stay alive for 72 hours regardless of age.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Ok thanks three days for sperm. Well there are 30 days in April and my period ended on either the 7th or 8th (I feel dumb that I can't remember now that I'm worrying). I thought that you only ovulated for 2 days then there were other days that you were fertile? Or are you talking about being fertile for 7 days?
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• the pp has it backwards I believe.. I've always been told that you ovulate for around 3 days so thats 72 hours... and sperm can live in you for up to 5 days. Really age doesn't have anything to do with it. its just according to your body.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• You ovulate about 14 days after the first day of your period.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• It's all variable, but here are the stats. Age usually isn't a huge factor:

You ovulate for 12-24 hours
    That ovulation occurs 12-16 days after the first day of your last period
    Sperm can live 72 hours, and a smaller amount can live up to 5 days

Signs of ovulation include mild cramping, change in consistancy of discharge, mild PMS symptoms.

I hope this helps!!
    PenelopesMom

Answer by PenelopesMom at 12:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• You can ovulate up to 6 days per month on average. Sperm can live around 5 days. It's usually 14 days after the first day of your period. IF you have an average 28 day cycle. Most people don't. I recommend the ovulation tests you can buy at any walmart or drug store. They let you know when you ovulate. Or do some research on a basal thermoeter. Or try this method. Have sex every 2 or 3 days at the least and you are bound it hit a day of ovulation. And the best part is its free.
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2009