can u pump into the same container of milk throughout the day?

i was wondering if it is ok to pump milk into the same container throughout the day and just give the baby all the milk from throughout the day later on that night? or is it bad to do that? i want to know before i do it. like what im asking is, would it be fine to pump milk into the same container every 2-4 hrs and then after the day is over, give it to the baby???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If I remember correctly it is OK to mix milk from the same day, but not from 2 different days.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yes, just be sure to refrigerate it in between pumping so its not out at room temp all day long.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:34 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yes. That is what I did when pumping. It is also perfectly fine to mix from 2 different days to though as long LO didn't eat from the container you are pumping into.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Good for you!!

Answer by rkoloms at 12:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• http://www.breastfeeding.com/all_about/lawrence_anwers2_mix.html
    Anonymous

• I dumped the milk from my pump into the same storage container that was in the fridge when I was exclusively pumping and feeding and it worked just fine.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2009