My daughter is extremely attached to my sitter, should I be worried?

My daughter is extremely attached to my sitter that sometimes I feel as if she likes her more than me. My sitter always says she is pleasant and they laugh all day long. When I get home from work she is happy to see my but is fussier at night and I don't feel like I make her laugh as much. I try to be silly, make faces and make her laugh but sometimes it doesn't work. I feel like she only wants me to coddle her? This is my MOL who sits for us so I am jealous. How can I get my daughter to laugh more with me and get over this jealousy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say to look at the bright side...at least she isn't screaming when you leave her. You know she likes it there. Imagine if she hated it and refused to go. You might want a nanny cam then.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I know that this can be hard for you, but this is a good thing! The more people who love your daughter and take wonderful care of her, the more secure and happy she will be. Mommies are for cuddling; they make little ones feel loved and secure; some day she will be a snarling teen with smelly hair and cuddling won't happen as often or feel as nice.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:43 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I have a daughter like this, it is a independent streak. Just find your place for your daughter and try not to over use the babysitter! Have a mommy/daughter day! The more attention she gets the better for her brain development think but what happens when babysitter moves on? Do something special with her just you 2 share like making waterpaint pictures or popcorn ect., no copycatting from babysitter allowed!!!
    Anonymous

• You want her to be very happy and comfortable when she's away from you... right? Don't worry. Your baby loves you more. My daughter was always fussy with me and all giggles with my husband. That's the side of love that moms get to see the most, for better or for worse. She's not going to run off with her and make her her new mommy : )
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:06 PM on Apr. 22, 2009