My husband is a small time klepto that brings things home from the hospital

well this time it was a magnet that says RAD that got lost behind a copier (he repairs them for the hospital and finds all sorts of weird things that are far away from their department) and brought it home. I know it is one of the magnets they use on the Xray films. I have told him I don't want it in the house because I am worried it is probably radio active. what do you think? (he has it on my fridge, but I am too freaked out by it to peel it off and throw it away).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When my grandpa was in the nursing home before he died, I used to go visit him every day. He always had a "gift" for me. Once he gave me a picture he took off the wall in hall, another time he gave me a clock off the wall in the day room. It was kind of funny. When he was taken to the hospital when he got really ill, he was always telling me to take home some gloves and cotton balls & such.

I have a friend that always steals office supplies. When he got laid off from a place about 7 years ago he took pens, paper, post-its, staplers, binders, he even took the first aid kit! Not saying its right of course. Just relating my experience.

Anonymous

• LOL.... thats funny!

I doubt it is radio-active
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Use it to hold your grocery list.
    Anonymous

• Its bad Karma to take something that isn't yours even if no one would care...uh oh now i need to remember to tell my boss I used a few stamps!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My dad did that while we were growing up. He repaired things in hospitals and brought things home. We had those paddles that they use when you go into cardiac arrest, we had dental tools, scrubs, towels, etc. Wow! The list could go on. LOL

Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 12:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• My dh will take gloves. I was in the hospital Sun/Mon and when I was being released, he told me to grab a lot of gloves. I would not do it. lol
    zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I doubt it is radioactive, lol.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• When I saw your title it made me laugh. My grandpa is the most honest, caring and honorable man I've ever known. He will steal anything that isn't nailed down when he's in the hospital, lol.

To answer your question I asked my friend who went to school as an x-ray tech, it's not radio active, you'll be fine.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 1:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• "Once he gave me a picture he took off the wall in hall, another time he gave me a clock off the wall in the day room."

that is so bad.... but totally funny!! I bet you laugh every time you think about it and that is a great way to remember your Grandpa! I bet he had a great sense of humor!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:18 PM on Apr. 22, 2009