Welcome to the Republican Party

I recently asked my friends little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there. So I asked her, 'If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?' She replied, 'I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people.' Her parents beamed.
'Wow...what a worthy goal', I told her. 'But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, sweep my yard and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house.' She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, 'Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?' and I said, 'Welcome to the Republican Party'.

CONT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It's sad a young child can figure it out . And the left can't.
    Ann7227

Answer by Ann7227 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Does this analogy pretty much sum it up for you?
    Anonymous

• So do you think all Dems are like that? You need some growing up to do.
    Anonymous

• yes but many will not hire the homeless guy because he has a disability or is not a good dresser? what about him? Their has to be some help for people who really need it.
    Anonymous

• "So do you think all Dems are like that? You need some growing up to do. "

when it is put into a way small brainers can understand, it really opens your eyes, huh? truth hurts eh?
    Anonymous

• If fiscal responsibility and small govt were still major parts of the Rep Party and it wasn't overrun by Xtians trying to push their morals on the rest of us I might take them more seriously.

Unfortunately your example does not represent todays Rep party.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• "yes but many will not hire the homeless guy because he has a disability or is not a good dresser? what about him? Their has to be some help for people who really need it."

disability? is addiction a disability? there will always be someone out there who will pay another 10 bucks to do a small task for them. take that 10 bucks to the goodwill, and get you a couple nice outfits.. dont spend it on beer or crack.
    Anonymous

• I am a social Republican, but fiscal Democrat but the democrats have to reign it in a little.
    Anonymous

• Old Old Old.

And no. The Republican party basically stands for mememe- right now. Which is, of course, why the 'perfect analogy' above states that you shouldn't help people- you should ride their ass about being poor.
    Anonymous

• "Unfortunately your example does not represent todays Rep party."

you do know this part pertains to the Reps "'Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?'" and yes it does represent the majority of reps
    Anonymous