How to help congestion at night

My 9 month old has a cold...I think? He's had a runny nose but he's also getting 2 teeth in. He only sounds congested at night and it sounds really bad but otherwise he's fine. It never wakes him up but he's contanstly coughing but it's only at night! I want to put a cool mist humidifier in the room, but I don't know how well it will work since we have to have the window open cuz it's so hot. Anyway he doesn't act or seem sick it's just a really congested cough and it's been going on for about a week. Do I need to be concerned or just let it run its course?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can try Baby Rub (its vicks for babys) and you can try putting a pillow under his mattress to keep him kinda propped up at night, but if it isn't bothering him then he should be fine.

My daughter is going thought the same thing (she is getting a tooth in and is extremely snotty) and the only thing that sucks is in the morning when she has dried boogies and I try to clean them off she yells at me, lol.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Little noses saline drops for the nose
    Baby vicks rub
    Prop the mattress
    Cool mist humidifier at night

I would just let it run its course. My ds has the same thing every time a tooth comes in
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 3:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2009