VCUG?

My little boy has to have a VCUG tomorrow. He had one before but he was only 6 weeks old. He is almost 10 months now and he is not so easy to keep under control now. My question is, does anyone have experience with this? How did they do it, and did they sedate your child?

Rebecca7708

Asked by Rebecca7708 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What they may do is use the board to restrain him. What it is is a board about 3 feet long with long Velcro arms. They wrap the arms around him as he lays on the board to help hold him still. They had to use that on my oldest before when he had to have a catheter in the hospital.
    Anonymous

• My son has never had a VCUG, however he has been in several times for contrast and x rays on his abdomen and intestine. They have never sedated him. His first was when he was 5 months old and the last was earlier this year (just turned 2). Hope this helps. I wish your little guy luck!
    Anonymous

• With the VCUG they actually insert a catheter into his penis to his kidneys.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I have no idea what that is but I love you guys and I'll be thinking about him tomorrow. Let me know how it goes!!
    heatherk77876

Answer by heatherk77876 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I will be praying for him. Please give him a kiss from me.
    joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 6:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2009