Starting gerber puffs?

My son is 5 months old, and we gave him the kroger brand gerber puff yesterday. It was my hubbys idea, and I guess he did okay, but I was nervous. Do you think he is too young?? He gummed them pretty good, and didn't choke. Hes done with all the stage 1's and is on stage 2 now. Also do you think the gerber brand dissolves better than the off brand?? Just wondering, cause I tried one and I thought it would have dissolved better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, I think they do.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• The Gerber brand dissolves almost instantly. Go buy one container (its only like $2) and compare them.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• id watch him with them when u first give em for a while... my daughter always had probles with them...but they dissolve pretty quick
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 1:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I think 5 months is too young to start finger foodt. My daughter's 7 months and I just recently started to feel more comfortable (I tried a little at 6 months).
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:56 PM on Apr. 22, 2009