applesauce

My son loves applesauce, but it gets kinda expensive buying the baby jars. Could I just give him regular "adult" applesauce, as long as its unsweetened??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't see why not, thats what we did, and thats what you would be doing (essentially) if you were making your own baby food.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yeah, I just get the "natural" applesauce.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:10 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• As long as he's at the appropriate age to handle the thickness and texture, then I don't see why there would be a problem with that. If he's just beginning solids, you need to wait.
    PenelopesMom

Answer by PenelopesMom at 1:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• That would be fine. Or make your own... it's VERY easy!
    Peel and slice apples... steam them until soft and throw them into a food processor or blender...
    I make my own for my son... then I can pick the apples and make it more sweet or sour depending on the kind of apples.
    I just freeze it in an ice cube tray then and when it's frozen pop it into a baggie and take out what you need. The other nice thing as it keeps longer than in the fridge.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:30 PM on Apr. 22, 2009