why do we keep defending illegals??

i posted a journal about how i hated illegals because some one is using my six month old's social to apply for work and to get government benefits. it is really that hard to believe that illegals can do this, that they never break the law? yes i know that criminals do the same thing. but to me it sounds like it is some illegal looking for work. so why is it so hard to believe that illegals break the law since they broke the law to come over here in the first place?

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 1:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Why is it so hard for someone to believe that the United States of America is a sovereign nation and it is NOT selfish to say that it is for the people who are born here and the ones who follow our rules to come and live here. People say America is a nation founded by immigrants. That is true, but we are no longer "founding" the country. It is time to enforce the rules. If Americans go to another country and break the rules there are consequenses, the least of which is deportation. We should have the right to do the same. Just because they "want a better life" or "they work hard", is not an excuse. We can feel sorry for them, we send missionaries or food, or the technology to make the water safe to drink or whatever to their count, but we do not have to let in all their peasants, and uneducated and insane people and criminals, thieves, child molesters and murderers into our country. Immigrate the right way or stay home.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• So, because it 'sounds' to you like it's an illegal, you've decided to just blame them. Interesting.
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 1:12 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I don't like illegals either. For one thing IT'S ILLEGAL FOR THEM TO BE HERE. Why anyone would defend them is beyond me.
    Anonymous

• Why do you just assume its an illegal that is using he SS#?
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 1:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Sorry, but I agree with the Anon. It is illegal for them to be here! Why do they get defended? And all of the same benefits of a citizen? The least they could do is go through the proper paperwork and become a resident alien and become legal to be in our country...
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Raintree, if they weren't illegal, why would they need to use someone else's SS to get a job?

My number is also being used by an illegal. A man and I know his name because I found out he was trying to apply for family planning from the income support office. If he wasn't such an idiot he would know that is birth control and men can't apply for it. He also set up services with our local gas company using my number and I found out when I tried to set up service at my new apartment. So now I have to go through a huge hassle every time I run into something he did with my number. If only I knew where he lived.....
    Anonymous

• Heck if i know why they keep defending them.....I had one cause a major accident his car toppled over and THANK GOD....i wasn't an inch closer to the stop sign his car would have been on top of mine....Only the ladders fell on my hood.
    Anonymous

• Because they have bad credit, that's why. Lots of reasons for stealing someones identity.

I'm not saying I'm happy about this situation. BUT- it's not JUST the illegals that need to take some heat. It's those that provide them with jobs. We live in a farm-y area- and there are a great number of farms that hire illegals to work the fields. There have been huge problems with the slaughterhouses. THEY don't seem to get in trouble. it's the people they hire that take ALL the blame. Stupid.
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 1:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I'm going to agree with a couple of the previous posters- I don't understand why you're just jumping to the conclusion that this is an illegal alien that stole your child's id. Mine was stolen a few years ago by a 23 year old (LEGAL) college student at STANFORD. Luckily they caught him, and my credit has been restored.
    Anonymous

• Illegals are illegals.. theyre breaking the law. Plain and simple. I just feel bad for the children involved.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2009