What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you follow through?

Whether you were 6 or 16 - what was your plan?

I always wanted to do something along the lines of criminal justice. Lawyer, forensics etc.

I enrolled for Professional Massage Therapy : ) Instead of a tense career I went for a relaxing one.

BubbysMom208

Asked by BubbysMom208 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wanted to be a Pediatrician and a clown, lol. Think Patch Adams. Then I went to school for Psychology..hated that and now I'm a SAHM.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I wanted to be a doctor. I was in kindergarden and through I think about the 9th grade I wanted to be. Then my grades were C range and I gave up hope on that. And moved on to Nursing. I have half of the courses finished but need to go back to finish. I had my son and never had a chance to finish.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I always wanted to be an actress or singer. I grew up in a small town though and didn't know the first thing about how to make it happen. Now I do data entry in the healthcare field. I would still like to be a singer or actress but I think I'm too old now to try and make it happen! I hate my job. Hate it.
    Anonymous

• I wanted to be vet, now I'm a SAHM
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:13 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• a ballerina,lol
    I really loved dolls so I got my wish Thank Jesus, 4 of them!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• When I was young I had an aunt who worked for the phone company..it was in a very small town where you picked up the phone and told the operator what number you were calling..I would go on the weekends and stay at the phone company with my aunt..We slept till a light bulb came on indicating that someone wanted to make a call..it was fun and when I graduated HS i became a long distance telephone operator..I loved the job..but my favorite job was being a mom..I had a wonderful mom who was home when I came home from school..she had cookies or a treat for her seven kids and I tried to pattern my parentage in the same way she did.
    peggy_r1938

Answer by peggy_r1938 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I am a SAHM to all my kids. I always wanted to be a mommy to a very large family. I currently have 12 with 2 more on the way, which will fulfill my dream of 14 kids! I think we'll adopt more though, bc so many are waiting and I love being their mommy. So I guess I am exceeding my dream!
    mommy9

Answer by mommy9 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Teach elementary education and write childrens books.

The teacher part wont happen except via my children but the childrens books still could.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I wanted to be A Nurse. Just like the RN that took me from the hospital I was born in & Kept me! Then I realized I get too attached to people! I don't Love the Sight of Blood! I hate to see people Ill & try to take Away their pain so Hard I get ill!!! Then I thought of being A Vet. The Same reasons I didn't Do that!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Honestly, I always wanted to be a stay at home mommy and wife! I am proud to say I have accomplished my dreams. I have been happily married for 3 years 10 months and a proud momma for 2 years 8 1/2 months. I am thankful to my DH for allowing me and wanting me to be a SAHM. He is a wonderful man
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 1:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2009