Who is really in control?

There are a lot of people who believe they are in complete control.
When they rely on themselves this way they tend to have no self control.

Do you see the true meaning behind my words? I'll let you in on a secret....
I used to be one of these people.

Open to all who can answer. The only answers that could prove me wrong well...I guess we'll see if there are any. I like a challenge how about you? If you think you have self control prove it.

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • The bible says one of the fruits of the spirit is self -control. We do have this but we cannot do it without God who has ultimate control and not in the sense of dictatorship but in the sense of His Power of Love. When we allow ourselves in a place where we trust Him we lose control and allow Him to move on our behave in everything in our lives. When we try to do it ourselves we get in His way. Here is an example of what I mean.
    A Father is in his workshop making a project and his little girl wants to see and comes in Let me see Let me see? He says not yet , soon you will see. Next time she comes in she says Papa! Let me help you , let me see what it is your doing. He says " My child you must wait and let me finish. She does this a third time. My Child, My Precious one. Do you want me to finish this ? Yes she says ...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I smoke cigarettes...I don't like smoking cigarettes....therefore...I do not have self control...
    Kaytlynsmommy

Answer by Kaytlynsmommy at 1:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• This is a very vague question, but I'll answer it the way I see fit. I really don't think there SHOULD be an answer to this. There is no "who" to name. There's no one person, entity, piece of matter or emotion that exists that's in COMPLETE control of everything. Period. Open your mind, your door is closed.
    PenelopesMom

Answer by PenelopesMom at 1:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I can't even deduce what you're on about...
    Anonymous

• I have no control.
    God has full control of me (I have free will, that's not the kind of control I mean, BTW) - I gave it all to Him when I accepted his Son's salvation.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• God is in control. Only God. We have control of nothing. When we believe we have control, that is when we lose it all.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• sorry srhmldndo, but I have control over alot, god does not tell me what to cook fo dinner, or when to shower, shave my legs, what to watch on tv..etc. WE HAVE CONTROL OVER ALOT OF THINGS... I do not have control over life, death etc..but I do have control over my reactions, and actions to the things that are outside my control.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:40 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• God is in control of my heart and my life. I may be in control of what I do but I look to God for answers.
    momwifelove

Answer by momwifelove at 1:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I have control over much of my life. Other people have some control over my life simply by doing something that might interfere with my day,etc.
    The Divine doesnt want control of my life, they want me to live and learn as I go along so they dont control it either.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I was never in control of my life and I don't ever want to be.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 1:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2009