• In the Spotlight:

Is anyone familar withthe new asthma shot?

They are considering putting my daughter on it and I don't know anything except they need special permission from the fda to give it to her because she is only 9.

BethistheFunk

Asked by BethistheFunk at 1:18 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Kids' Health

• No, but I would like to read about it, what is it called??
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• sorry xolair
    BethistheFunk

Answer by BethistheFunk at 1:55 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• It's called Xolair? Where did you hear about this? I am interested in it too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• my daughters pulminoligist there is a whole website about it. www.xolair.com
    BethistheFunk

Answer by BethistheFunk at 3:04 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I have a child with asthma as well but did you look at the site? Chance of CANCER with it? NO way in HELL will my son get that.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• i totally understand but what do you do when nothing else works?
    BethistheFunk

Answer by BethistheFunk at 6:19 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Nothing works for my boys either. I guess I'd rather them keep going the way they are with it managed just 'okay' than give them something that may give them cancer. That would be much harder to manage :(
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:18 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Pauline, have you looked at side effects of most medications out there? Everything these days causes cancer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• That isn so true anonymous all 5 meds she is on in some way can cause cancer its scary but watching her cough her head off and nothing helping isjustas horrible. they is 0.5 percent chance of cancer and a higher chance she will suffer severe damage from scar tissue if untreated. I watched my my mom die of a lung diease(not herititary) and it was so awful. when my dad was dying with cancer it was awful too but when could medicate hime enogh to slepp. with my mom there was nothing tom dobut watch her suffer and gasp for breath
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• "Pauline, have you looked at side effects of most medications out there? Everything these days causes cancer."

My boys don't take anything with cancer listed as a side effect. Ans yes, I read about all medications I give them.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2009