sunscreen

We are going to the zoo this weekend, and its supposed to be in the 80's. I bought some baby sunscreen, and it says 6 months+. Would it be okay to put on a 5 month old??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would call the ped to be sure. Just dress her/him in a long sleeved outfit that is lightweight and put a hat on the baby.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• It should be fine (better than a sunburn I think!) and try to keep your baby in the shade as much as possible... and if you baby is a baldy like mine... a hat!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I would check with your pediatrician. Ours said to wait until 6 months. It has to do with the development of their skin and absorption of chemicals.

If you do use it, try it before going on a small spot somewhere to make sure there's no reaction. I have one boy who breaks out from the hypoallergenic lotions!

Better to keep her covered and shaded, but remember...people still burn in the shade.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2009