• In the Spotlight:

Can Soy isoflavones really help when TTC? How to take it? Risks?

Hi!

I've been TTC for 9 months now and I think I want to try soy isoflavones. I've read that it's best to limit soy in your everydays diet as it may decrease fertility, however there are a lot of women who say that taking soy for 5 days towards the beggining of your cycle can help you ovulate sooner, and get pregnant.

Does anyone know about this?
Have you gotten pregnant while taking soy?
How much should I take and when?

Also, I have long cycles (51-54 days) and I am wondering if I'm a good candidate to be taking it. It am pretty sure I ovulate around day 33-35.

Thanks!

jenni6441

Asked by jenni6441 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• if you ovulate that late you might be able to get to a doctor to see if there is a reason for your cycles being soo long...mine were 35-45 days long before i found out i had hypothyroidism...now with treatment they are roughly 32 days long oing on or around day 20.....GL with the soy thing...
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 2:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I've been to my doc, and she says I should just wait it out. She tested my thyroid and everything looks good. I'm young, healthy, etc. Just have long cycles. I have had a few ovarian cycts in the past but nothing crazy. Just anxious to get pregnant!
    jenni6441

Answer by jenni6441 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 22, 2009