How do you know?

How do you know whether your symptoms are PMS or pregnancy?
are there particular things that separate the two possibilities?
will blood work show pregnancy before a missed period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• the symptoms are the same...sometimes a little more intense from what i hear...never been pregnant myself.... usually a doctor wont give you a blood test unless you have already missed your period...or if it is due(RE)
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 1:58 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Well with my first pregnancy my boobs hurt BAD! I never got sore boobs, so I knew just by that, that something was up. I also got very nautious and hot flashes around lunchtime consistently for a couple days and it would go away, so I knew I wasnt sick. Its actually really hard to distiguish between the two, whether its pregnancy or period...Im having the same problems now...
    JNBBtracy

Answer by JNBBtracy at 4:15 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I know it sounds silly but you just feel a little different! Yes, the symptoms are very similar. One big noticeable change is your nipples have bumps on them. and you notice the aroel nipple area is alot larger and darker. One of the big queues for me was normally I didn't eat breakfast until later in the day, but all of a sudden I was getting up early before work and eating breakfast and having milk. I craved milk the first couple of weeks. It was odd! But, of course it varies from to women to women but that's what happenend to me! Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:59 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• And and some women can show a postive pregnancy test before missed period, but that's not in all cases. it's better to wait about a week after missed period to get an answer.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 6:00 PM on Apr. 22, 2009