cleaning a grill

Has anybody on here ever cleaned their grill and if so what did you use. Mine sorely needs it and I have never done it before. Any advice would be appreciated!

GMR

Asked by GMR at 1:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• The best time to get MOST of the grime off a grill is when it's still HOT. Use a steel bristle brush after using your grill to get all the charred parts off.

Remove the briquets or ashes. Disconnect propane tank (if used), rinse inside and out with a garden hose. Remove the racks and any removeable accessories, and spray liberally with Dawn Power DISSOLVER--the stuff works GREAT, and very little scrubbing is needed! Let stand overnight for really tough dirt/grime, rinse, wipe and repeat as necessary!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I clean the racks after every use and I use balled up tin fiol. and I like the puprle power brand cleaner its great on grim or oban rinse well!
    Anonymous