WHAT DO I DO?

SO FAR I'VE BEEN TRYING TO POTTY TRAIN MY 2 YR OLD DAUGHTER. I CAN BRING HER EVERY HOUR SOMETIMES SHE GOES AND SOMETIMES SHE DOESN'T. I'M TRYING TO SLACK OFF ON SOME OF HER DRINKING BUT EVEN THOUGH SHE CAN HAVE ALOT OF ACCIDENTS IN HER PANTIES DURING THE DAY, BUT I CAN'T CATCH HER. THE ONLY WAY I KNOW IS BECAUSE SHE TAKES OFF HER PANTIES THEN DECIDES TO RUN TO THE BATHROOM AND SIT ON THE POTTY. I GO THROUGH ABOUT 20 PANTIES A DAY WITH HER PEEING ALL OVER EVERYWHERE. IT'S LIKE SHE HAS BLADDER THAT'S ALWAYS FULL. I EVEN INTRODUCED THE STICKER CHART TO HER. BUT SHE DOESN'T PAY NO MIND UNLESS I GET HER TO GO ON THE POTTY. I REWARD HER ONLY IF SHE GOES ON THE POTTY. BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO OR TRY. IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA'S IT WOULD BE HELPFUL.

JKLIEBERT2004

Asked by JKLIEBERT2004 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i have no experience yet with pottty training but it sounds like you're on the right track and its a great sign she runs to the potty!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:33 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• I started training my daughter around 2 as well. I bought her the real cool Fisher Price Toilet. She never used it. She thought it was a toy so I left it with her toys. She would pretend sometimes but never really wanted to use it. It basically was used as a step stool to reach things she shouldn't. We read books, made up silly songs and dances but nothing seemed to work. After a while we started giving her potty toys and candy (something I said I would never do). We continued with this forever. I decided not to pressure her and to let her take it at her own pace. About a week after she turned 3 she told me she didn't need diapers anymore because she was a big girl now. It has been two months now and only one accident. She decided she was ready. Take your time and and she will be ready. You can keep encouraging her but don't dwell on it. Good Luck!
    Lexi.Mommy

Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 1:44 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• SHe just may not be ready.

It might be time to back off and give it a few months. I am not one to say that but it sounds as if her bladder just isn't ready yet.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 2:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Try giving her a treat other than a sticker like a tootsie roll or m&m something like that when she goes. That's what worked for me I also used the potty chart. but if that doesn't work maybe she's not ready just wait about another month and try again. Because my son would only have a few accidents a day maybe one or two.
    LandonsMom321

Answer by LandonsMom321 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2009